about the atcf
The Asian Trade Centre Foundation provides integrated support for public authorities to strengthen their capabilities to plan, develop and implement effective trade policy programmes. The Foundation is dedicated to developing a deeper understanding of effective trade policies on a long-term basis for officials, by pooling together global resources, facilities, expertise and people.
The Foundation aims to develop common capacity building tools, materials, and platforms for understanding, negotiating and implementing effective trade policies. Foundational materials will include World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), European Union FTAs, American and other bilateral free trade agreements.
The Foundation provides capacity building to strengthen the capacity of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), and women-owned businesses to increase their knowledge and participation in international trade.
1. Disseminate information about trade in a transparent manner;
2. Share knowledge and best practices on policies, procedures and provide working guidelines for officials;
3. Create modern training materials on trade and organize regular training sessions;
4. Respond to call for tenders for governments, regional and international organizations and institutions for trade-related research and capacity-building activities;
5. Develop new trade initiatives through structured meetings and workshops;
6. Promote exchanges of experts and facilitate discussion of trade agreements and related issues;
7. Formulate specific trade policy recommendations;
8. Organize and coordinate stakeholder consultations including the private sector and non-governmental organizations (NGOs); and
9. Run specific projects involving international trade with other Foundations, NGOs and international organizations.
For more information about the ATCF, please visit us here.